I’m a stone-cold introvert who hates – HATES shopping unless it’s online. My favorite online store of choice is Amazon.
My latest online shopping obsession is buying cool cat stuff for Theo. Theo has his own Amazon wish list. And it’s longer than my wish list. I absolutely love shopping for Theo on Amazon because I can always – ALWAYS find great deals on cat food, cat toys, cat furniture, cat litter….the list (Theo’s list) goes on and on.
AND shipping is free (because I’m a Prime Member). If you’re not a Prime member – Click here to try out an Amazon Prime membership for free for 30-days.
Getting cool things on Amazon for your fluffball doesn’t’ have to break the bank. For those folks (including myself) who’s on a budget, Amazon is one of the best sites to buy stuff for your cat.
The very best time to buy from Amazon is during peak season which occurs from the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) to Christmas Eve. If you’re a Prime member, Amazon celebrates you by offering great deals during Prime Days (this year, 2020, it was October 13-14).
In this post, I sniff out 35 cool things to buy on Amazon, under 25 dollars for cats.
Awesome things for your cat (for under $25)
Amazon is the best online store for getting the main, important stuff for your cat. There are plenty of useful things to buy on Amazon that will cost you less than 25 dollars. And if you’re savvy at finding deals you can even find plenty of awesome stuff to buy for under $10.
Here are some cool cat accessories you can buy online at Amazon.com:
1. The Soft-sided Pet Travel Carrier by Vceoa is a sturdy carrier that I use for Theo for his visit to the Vet. I haven’t had the pleasure of traveling cross country by plane with this carrier but it’s suppose to fit most under-seat compartments of airplanes (please check with the airlines you’re flying with before purchasing).
2. Van Ness small litter pan was the best starter litter pan for Theo when I was litter box training him as a small kitten. And it was dirt cheap which was great because I knew Theo would eventually out grow it.
3. I’m obssessed with cat beds. Amazon has a number of cute ones that can be used to keep your cat warm on those cold winter nights. Check out this self-warming bed by Aspen. The round 19.5″ cat bed comes in 3 different assorted colors and is resonably priced for under $15. Amazon also offers the Warming Cat Beds by Aspen in other sizes and shapes for a higher price – click on the image below for more information.
- Help your cat stay warm on those cold, rainy days in the UK – click here to check out warming cat beds.
- To my neighbors to the north (Canada) – click here for warming beds.
- For those cat lovers down under (Australia) – click here for warming beds.
4. My cat litter box (the Catit Cat Litter Pan)sits on top of the Gorilla Grip Original Durable Cat Litter Mat in jumbo size. My issue with stray cat litter all over my apartment has drastically decreased due to this cat litter mat. It is an Amazon bestseller and the Cat Mama recommends it. And it comes in 7 cool colors.
5. I’m gonna dress up Theo with this cute bowtie collar. The 2 Pack Breakaway Collar with Bell by Ofpuppy is adjustable up to 10.2″ and will fit most cats and (puppies too).
6. Cool cat stuff on Amazon to keep your cat’s nail trimmed to perfection with H&H Pets Professional Cat Nail Clippers. These nail trimmers are designed for small pets and can be used on kittens as well. It’s equipped with a safety stop to prevent injury to your cat’s nail bed. Customer’s rate this a 4.7 out of 5 stars.
7.I was a little tired of cat food spill from Theo tossing it out of his bowl so I just purchased the Luccalily Cat Food and Water Bowl set. And so far, so good. I love that it comes with a water bottle that keeps water replenished for Theo (he’s a thirsty little guy). It also came with a collapsible measuring cup to measure out his food (I can now stop using my measuring cup). And if you don’t particularly like the gray color, you can choose from pink or bluish-green.
8. The next item is wonderful for the cat owner who is tired of wet spots and stray cat food on the kitchen floor from your cat’s food dish. The Gorilla Grip Silicone Pet Feeding Mat is a winner with its 7 beautiful colors to choose from. And if your cat happens to be really messy you can size up to the 23 x 15 Gorilla Grip Pet feeding Mat. Dishwasher safe.
9. A shallow cat dish is one of those cool things to buy your cat that doesn’t cost a whole lot of money . I’ve found the cutest and best dish for feeding cats. The Van Ness Ecoware Cat Dish is the feeding dish your cat will love. It’s the perfect starter feeding dish for kittens being weaned off kitten formula onto dry or wet food.
10. I got a bunch of the Comsmart Warm Paw Print Blankets laying around Theo’s cat room. And he loves snuggling up against them! Cat blankets are one of those things to buy your cat that you can never have enough of. Which is why it’s great that you get 6 of them in a pack – all in different colors.
11. If your cat needs a blanket that is a bit thicker for those chilly winter nights, you should go with the Pawz Road Pet Blanket. I used this blanket a lot when Theo was a tiny kitten to keep him warm and snugged after his flea baths. The Pawz Road Pet Blanket comes in dark gray, gray, blue and pink colors
12. Your cat is going to need a good scratching post. It’s one of those things for cats that is really necessary if you don’t want your cat using your gorgeous couch as its scratching post. And the great thing about getting one at Amazon that it’s not gonna to cost you an arm and a leg. Theo’s first scratching post was the 4 Paws Stuff Tall Cat Scratching Post. This is the perfect starter scratching post for kittens.
At 8 months he’s gotten taller and has outgrown it. My next scratching post purchase will be the Kitty City Premium 32 inch Woven Sistal Carpet Scratching Post.
13. A cat who sheds a lot will benefit from the Li’L Pals Cat Slicker Brush. It features flexible plastic tip pins to prevent injury to your cat when brushing. The Li’l Pals Cat Slicker Brush gets a 4.6 out of 5 customer rating.
14. I was starting to run out of grocery store bags so I bought Earth Rated Easy Tie Dog Poop Bag to haul off Theo’s cat poop and litter waste from his litter box. What do I love about these poop bags? I love the fact they smell like lavender, they hold a lot of litter waste and I can tie them like I did the grocery bags.
Cool cat stuff for under $25
All cat owners know that one of the things cats love doing is chasing stuff. So let’s take a look at some cool stuff for cats to toy with. Best prices for cat toys are available online at Amazon.com.
Theo loves stalking. He will hide behind a shoe then JUMP OUT like he’s pouncing on some imaginary prey that happens to look like my toes. This quickly got to be irritating (well at least for me…he loves it).
So I am always in search of the perfect cat toy that will entertain Theo for hours and give my toes a break.
15. Cats love playing with yarn or pieces of string so get your cat the Cat Dancer Rainbow Cat Charmer and watch him lose his damn feline mind (in a good way). I literally have to put Cat Dancer away from Theo for a few days because it unleashes THE BEAST in him.
No joke. He loves it!
16. You can never have enough cool things for your cat to chase so I suggest getting the M JJYPET Retractable Cat Toy Wand. Ahh but there’s more. You get:
- 2 wands
- 4 worms (not real ones of course…lol)
- a pack of 5 interchangeable cat feathers
- a cat tunnel
This assortment of toys is a steal for the price and a great way to build up your supply of cat toys – cats get bored very quickly.
17. You can get really cool cat stuff on Amazon. The Cattraction Unicorn Kicker Cat Toy is great for tossing across the room for your cat to run after. And the added bonus is that it is filled with silver vine and catnip making it attractive to your cat’s senses. The elongated design promotes that cute little kicking action that cats do when wrestling with something.
18. I also got the Hartz Cattraction with Silver Vine and Catnip Gator for Theo (you can see him pawing it in the pic above). The cat nip gator has a loop at the end that you can hang on a door knob for your cat to stretch and scratch.
19. Another fun cat product from Hartz that Theo loves is the Just For Cats Midnight Crazies Cat Toy Balls! I have these balls all over the place for Theo to randomly play with. I’ve had to keep purchasing more of them because they disappear under things like the stove, the refrigerator…I recently found a bunch of Theo’s cat toy balls under the couch when re-arranging the furniture in my living room.
20. I just spied Theo carrying the Cattraction Shooting Star while meowing like he’s lost his best friend. I actually purchased his through Amazon but they are currently out of stock. You can find it at Chewy.com by clicking here.
For the cat lover who loves cat toys DIY project; check out this Youtube video. Show your cat some special love by making these cat DIY toys that I found on the website PETA.org. The article is called “14 DIY Cat Toys for your Favorite Feline”. Click here to go there.
Best cat products on Amazon for under $25
I spy with my little eye…15 more cool things for cats that you can buy from Amazon for under $25!
21. Cat Window Perches are an awesome way to share space with your cat without out compromising style and decor. The K&H EZ Mount Cat Scratcher Kitty Sill is both cat scratcher and window mounted perch for your cat and home. Perfect for keeping your cat off your couch.
22. If you’re in the market for a good cat stain remover I recommend buying Rocco and Roxie Professional Stain and Odor Eliminator for those quick clean ups in between those major clean ups.
Moving right along with cool cat stuff on Amazon…
23. Is your cat an inside cat but desperately, desperately wants to be an outside cat? The Fooubaby Cat Tent is a great way for your cat to enjoy the outside…well…while being inside.
24. The plan for me (and Theo…teamwork makes the dream work) is to eventually foster tiny orphaned kittens and get them prepared for their future home. So, I was thinking the small animal playpen by Rypet would be perfect for my kitten nursery that I’m setting up.
25. Theo was a cute little fleabag when we first found him on a cold rainy day. I have to admit to being a bit grossed out by it so the first thing I did was google “how to get rid of fleas on kittens”…cuz honey, I was clueless! I discovered the kitten lady video on how to remove fleas from lil baby kittens – click here to check out this awesome video.
Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is the flea comb I used for Theo was the Safari Pet Products Flea Comb.
26. This Kitty Cat Tunnel is so adorable and your cat will love hiding away in this collapsible cat tunnel by Easyology – purchase the attachment along with it and create a 3-way Play Cat Tube.
27. I don’t know about you but I simply hate it when the cat litter waste/poop gets stuck on the litter scooper. And you have to wave it around and shake it vigorously to dislodge that disgusting piece of whatever it is…poop or pee. The IPRIMIO Cat Litter Scooper with a deep shovel has a non-stick surface that promises the poop won’t stick.
28. OMG, the Bone Dry Stripes with Paw Patch Collapsible Polyester Pet Storage Bin is soooo cute and an Amazon cat-must-haves especially if you’re drowning in cat toys, blankets, towels, etc and need somewhere to store them.
29. To keep those cat ears cleaned out, check out Petpost Cat Ear Cleaner Wipes. Great for cleaning out the gunk that happens to build up somehow in your cat’s ear. This reminds me that I need to check Theo’s ear for gunk…yuck!
30. My Vet recommended giving Lysine to Theo for his puffy right eye and runny nose. The brand I used was Cat Trulysine, L-Lysine Supplement for cats. It cleared his upper respiratory issues in about a week. Please consult your Vet before administering this product to your cat.
31. If your cat is obsessed with destroying your new couch you might want to give the Furniture Defender Cat Scratch Guards Deterrent a shot. The guards are held firmly in place by screw pins. It comes in five sizes and can only be used on upholstered furniture.
32. My favorite cat litter (for the time being) is the Arm and Hammer Platinum Slide Easy Clean-Up Cat Litter. What do I love about this litter? It’s practically dust-free and it doesn’t cling to the bottom of the litter box like cement.
33. You’re going to need a really good cat hair remover. I recommend the ChomChom Roller Cat Hair and Lint Remover. It removes cat hair from everything including you! No pain-in-the-ass adhesive to deal with because it uses a reusable brush instead. And there’s a little chamber that catches all the hair.
34. My daughter’s cat Gigi has short stubby little legs so it’s impossible for her to climb on my daughter’s high-ass bed. So Gigi (and my 2-year-old grandson) uses the Furhaven Pet Stairs to climb Mount Posturepedic mattress.
Lastly, but not least…
35. Cats although clean can be messy, scratchy, hairy, and just wear a hole in good chairs and couches. And my God we all know that they scratch cat litter with their little paws. Yuck. So, may I suggest getting the Easy-Going Sofa Slipcover? After discovering barbeque sauce on my new couch (not from Theo but from my grandson) I will be purchasing this next!
*Please note: one shown is for an armchair, not a couch.
What should I buy on Amazon for my cat? Everything, honey! Get your cat a wish list. You will thank me later. Amazon has some awesome things to buy online for under $25 for your cat.
And the great about it is you don’t have to go broke buying those all cool cat products!
Are you a first-time cat owner? Check these articles out:
- Guide to Buying the Best Cat Trees for Large Cats
- The Best Litter Box for Multiple Cats that will make your life easier
- Vomiting in Cats: When to worry